My Shouting Place

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hong Kong Trip and Results

Well this post is long overdue. I went to Hong Kong the friday before (14-3-08) and came back on monday night (17-3-08). Lazy to post the photos here but they are all up on my friendster profile so if you want to you can go over there to check it out ;) The trip was ok. I did enjoy myself though not fully cos there was too much shopping! Haha I'm the kind who really seldom shop unless need be and sometimes I don't even shop when it comes to CNY period yet here I was shopping like there's no tml in Hong Kong! Well you can't blame me, Hong Kong is really a heaven for shopping. Besides, I had to buy back stuff from HK to at least show and remind myself that I have been there before. 1 thing is for sure, I'll go back to Hong Kong sometime in the future. I still got a lot of attractions and places of interest I haven't visited there. Dim sum dim sum here I come!

Actually the trip didn't go very well from the beginning. I fell sick on thursday morning (13-3-08) right before the trip the very next day. So it was a rush as I had to see the doctor (and boy was I glad that I chose to see a doctor). You know that common colds can only be cured by your immune system and that medicine can only cure your symptoms and make you feel better right? I thought about whether it was necessary to see a doctor and luckily I chose the safe route and went to see one. I did think that eating medicine = no alcohol during trip = :( but it was found that I had fever that time! Fever is no joke and I'm not sure it is something that can be cured by only your immune system. Furthermore, the moment I landed on the HK Airport and on my handphone I saw the SMS showing my results sent to me by NP. It was really bad (I'll talk about it later) but I didn't really let it get to me as I didn't want to let anything spoil my holiday. I remember that 1 point of time I was freezing to the point where I thought I was going to die of freezing during the 1st day I reached HK. 1 jacket wasn't enough so I wore another. 2 jackets + my shirt and I still felt extremely cold INSIDE the hotel room! My friends were feeling warm and I was feeling cold, wtf? Luckily I took my medicine and I got better and better as time went by. Another good thing that came out of the trip was the duty-free purchases I could make at Changi Airport! HAHAHAHA $21.50 for 1 litre of vodka? SURE!!!! Seriously, buying duty-free stuff is much cheaper than buying in the city. I advise everyone to buy duty-free alcohol or perfume etc. instead.

Ok, results.. Worst results so far during my time in NP. It was the worst-case scenario and by worst I really mean WORST-case scenario. I failed 2 modules and the rest were all Ds. You can guess what was my GPA for the semester. The only good thing was that at least I passed my ITP. I didn't really expect myself to do so badly. Well I was disappointed but I can only blame myself for not being urgent and not starting early and only studying during the day of exams for each paper. Well after receiving my results in HK, the 1st thing I did after reaching the hotel safely was that I immediately apologised to my parents. They didn't say much, just the usual "你自己好自为之". Not cool I know. I guess I need to change the way I work in poly. No more stingy stuff of not buying textbooks. Not gonna save on such money anymore. I usually study on my own (or at least try to). Guess it's time I find a serious study group in poly. Time to find people who are willing to study tgt even if it means I need to feel like an extra sometimes. I will still play and enjoy myself but as the saying goes, "Play hard but must also work hard at the same time!". I am in the process of appealing to see if I can still cram my modules to graduate in time like everyone else but I'm not too optimistic about it though I'll still try. If unsuccessful, I will graduate 1 semester later than everyone else.

Another thing that happened to me recently was that my ATM card got "eaten" up by an ATM machine for "unauthorised usage". I don't know whether it's my fault or the bangalas before me that kept pressing the buttons again and again for whatever reason that caused my card to be withheld. ZZZZZZZZZZZ have to go down to an OCBC branch again and apply for a new card and pay $5 for nothing.

Ok I'm tired already. Long entry I know. If you bothered to read through everything give me a tag yeah. =)

3 Comments:

  • if only i took the same modules as you. I will definitely willing to study with you. xiao di. =) cheer up!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:59 PM  

  • heyyyy. 2modules ah? might be possible to graduate in time. MIGHT BE. please work hard ok. you ahhhhhh. i think i nagged at you quite a couple of times already whenever you got yr results ._."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:42 PM  

  • [huijun] Thanks xiao mei! Ok la da jie. =)

    [wenling] Yeah I know. I also sian of ppl nagging at me already. It's all up to myself. I will study.

    By Blogger Nguan, at 3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home