My Shouting Place

Sunday, August 24, 2008

2008 Beijing Olympics over.

Wow. 2008 Beijing Olympics over already. A bit emo ah. I have absolutely enjoyed watching this Olympics. I think it's the closest thing to Singapore ever hosting the Olympics because I doubt Singapore will ever have the chance to host it. Come London 2012, we have to wake up at crap timings to catch the marquee events. Personally, I don't like watching sports events that aren't live because it kills the excitement.

Anyway while watching the closing ceremony, I thought back, wow I have only watched 3 Olympics so far in my life. Since Sydney 2000, I was thinking that 8 years have past and only 2 more Olympics have happened. The last Olympics, I was still at Sec 4 studying for my N levels. The Olympics before that, I was still studying for my PSLE. This just show that 4 years feels like a long and a short time no matter how you look at it.

Next year will be a "no sports events" year (unless of course you watch the SEA games which I am not even sure if it will be held next year or not). I know the World Cup always come in 2 year intervals compared to Euro and the Olympics that always come together.

Ok time to study for my last paper, FMGT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home